SciPost Submission Page
Non-equilibrium quantum transport in presence of a defect: the non-interacting case
by Marko Ljubotina, Spyros Sotiriadis, Tomaž Prosen
- Published as SciPost Phys. 6, 004 (2019)
|As Contributors:||Spyros Sotiriadis|
|Submitted by:||Sotiriadis, Spyros|
|Submitted to:||SciPost Physics|
|Subject area:||Mathematical Physics|
We study quantum transport after an inhomogeneous quantum quench in a free fermion lattice system in the presence of a localised defect. Using a new rigorous analytical approach for the calculation of large time and distance asymptotics of physical observables, we derive the exact profiles of particle density and current. Our analysis shows that the predictions of a semiclassical approach that has been extensively applied in similar problems match exactly with the correct asymptotics, except for possible finite distance corrections close to the defect. We generalise our formulas to an arbitrary non-interacting particle-conserving defect, expressing them in terms of its scattering properties.
Ontology / TopicsSee full Ontology or Topics database.
Author comments upon resubmission
List of changes
1. Corrected typo in eq.(24).
2. Modified wording in certain sentences following referee 2 comments.
3. Added two paragraphs at the end of sec. 5 with a discussion on the applicability of our analytical method to more general inhomogeneous initial states.
Submission & Refereeing History
- Report 2 submitted on 2018-11-25 02:06 by Anonymous
- Report 1 submitted on 2018-11-24 20:00 by Anonymous