SciPost Submission Page
Collective oscillations of a two-component Fermi gas on the repulsive branch
by Tomasz Karpiuk, Piotr T. Grochowski, Mirosław Brewczyk, Kazimierz Rzążewski
- Published as SciPost Phys. 8, 066 (2020)
|As Contributors:||Piotr Grochowski · Kazimierz Rzążewski|
|Arxiv Link:||https://arxiv.org/abs/1908.07771v3 (pdf)|
|Date submitted:||2020-03-31 02:00|
|Submitted by:||Grochowski, Piotr|
|Submitted to:||SciPost Physics|
We calculate frequencies of collective oscillations of two-component Fermi gas that is kept on the repulsive branch of its energy spectrum. Not only is a paramagnetic phase explored, but also a ferromagnetically separated one. Both in-, and out-of-phase perturbations are investigated, showing contributions from various gas excitations. Additionally, we compare results coming from both time-dependent Hartree-Fock and density-functional approaches.
Ontology / TopicsSee full Ontology or Topics database.
Published as SciPost Phys. 8, 066 (2020)
List of changes
1. We unified the notation, changing the many-body wave function to express the spatial orbitals explicitly.
2. We included explicit definitions of quantities we plot in the backgrounds of different panels in Fig. 3.
3. We revised Figs. 3-8.
4. We removed presumptuous statements in the text.
5. We improved the language throughout the text.
6. We elaborated on the applicability of hydrodynamics.
7. We added a plot in which we directly compare frequency branches in different cases.
8. We added a paragraph with details of numerics.
Submission & Refereeing History
You are currently on this page