SciPost Submission Page
Relaxation and entropy generation after quenching quantum spin chains
by M. Lencses, O. Pomponio, G. Takacs
- Published as SciPost Phys. 9, 011 (2020)
|As Contributors:||Gabor Takacs|
|Arxiv Link:||https://arxiv.org/abs/2004.09550v3 (pdf)|
|Date submitted:||2020-06-25 02:00|
|Submitted by:||Takacs, Gabor|
|Submitted to:||SciPost Physics|
This work considers entropy generation and relaxation in quantum quenches in the Ising and $3$-state Potts spin chains. In the absence of explicit symmetry breaking we find universal ratios involving R\'enyi entropy growth rates and magnetisation relaxation for small quenches. We also demonstrate that the magnetisation relaxation rate provides an observable signature for the "dynamical Gibbs effect" which is a recently discovered characteristic non-monotonous behaviour of entropy growth linked to changes in the quasi-particle spectrum.
Ontology / TopicsSee full Ontology or Topics database.
Published as SciPost Phys. 9, 011 (2020)
Author comments upon resubmission
hereby I resubmit the revised version of our paper entitled "Relaxation and entropy generation after quenching quantum spin chains". We thank the referees for their suggestions. The changes made in reply are listed below.
List of changes
To report 1:
1. We changed the notation for the fermion mass to capital M.
2. We agree with the comment, and accordingly added the word "some" in the sentence.
3.-4. Again, we agree with the suggestions for clarification, and changed the sentence accordingly.
5. Indeed, the sentence ended unclear after editing. We split and reformulated it, to make its meaning clear.
To report 2:
1. We added a short subsection 3.3, which defines what we mean exactly by semi-locality, and the parallel between the order parameter and the branch point twist field in this regard. In this process we also added some references.
2. We thank the referee for pointing out the new result. We added the reference and modified the sentence accordingly.
Additionally, we also updated reference  (O. A. Castro-Alvaredo et al.: Entanglement Oscillations near a Quantum Critical Point), which has appeared in Phys. Rev. Lett.
Submission & Refereeing History
You are currently on this page
Reports on this Submission
Report 1 by Olalla Castro-Alvaredo on 2020-6-26 Invited Report
See my 1st Report
See my 1st Report
When I first reported on this paper I was very positive about it and had only small suggestions for the authors. I can see that they have taken then seriously and have made small improvements.
As before, I think this is a good paper that makes a valuable and timely contribution to the study of the out-of-equilibrium dynamics of entanglement.