SciPost Submission Page
Status of DUNE
by A. Tonazzo for the DUNE Collaboration
This is not the latest submitted version.
This Submission thread is now published as
|Authors (as registered SciPost users):||Alessandra Tonazzo|
|Preprint Link:||scipost_201810_00004v1 (pdf)|
|Date submitted:||2018-10-29 01:00|
|Submitted by:||Tonazzo, Alessandra|
|Submitted to:||SciPost Physics Proceedings|
|Proceedings issue:||The 15th International Workshop on Tau Lepton Physics (Amsterdam, 2018-09)|
The Deep Underground Neutrino Experiment (DUNE) is a next-generation underground observatory, to be located in the USA, aiming at precise measure- ment of long-baseline neutrino oscillations over a 1300 km baseline, detection of supernova neutrinos and search for nucleon decay and other physics beyond the Standard Model. The far detector, a very large liquid argon time projec- tion chamber, requires a dedicated prototyping effort (ProtoDUNE), currently ongoing at CERN.
Submission & Refereeing History
You are currently on this page
Reports on this Submission
- Cite as: Anonymous, Report on arXiv:scipost_201810_00004v1, delivered 2018-11-29, doi: 10.21468/SciPost.Report.683
Good and comprehensive report on the status of DUNE. A few language comments have been suggested to the author and waiting for feedback. For reference they are summarised below:
aiming at precise measurement -> aiming at precise measurements
Both of them require a dedicated -> Bot of them require dedicated
Comment: You refer to deep-learning based event selection at the end of the first paragraph. Can you be a bit more precise and refer to some example?
Comment: You mention lifetimes of > 10^33. Is this really larger than or smaller then? Do you also have a reference to the mentioned SUSY models?
- towards the end you mention SiPM. While it’s clear to me what this abbreviation means it might not be clear to everyone. Could you please spell it out once?
- you use ktonne and kt. Could you change it to a consistent notation?
- you use standard model and Standard Model. Could you change this to a consistent notation?
- are being tested at CERN -> are tested at CERN
- ready ready -> ready
- physics physics -> physics
- with the mean -> with beam