SciPost Submission Page
Unconventional superconductivity in a strongly correlated band-insulator without doping
by Anwesha Chattopadhyay, H. R. Krishnamurthy , Arti Garg
- Published as SciPost Phys. Core 4, 009 (2021)
|As Contributors:||Anwesha Chattopadhyay · Arti Garg|
|Date submitted:||2021-03-15 19:01|
|Submitted by:||Garg, Arti|
|Submitted to:||SciPost Physics|
We present a novel route for attaining unconventional superconductivity in a strongly correlated system without doping. In a simple model of a correlated band insulator at half-filling we demonstrate, based on a generalization of the projected wavefunctions method, that superconductivity emerges for a broad range of model parameters when e-e interactions and the bare band-gap are both much larger than the kinetic energy, provided the system has sufficient frustration against the magnetic order. As the interactions are tuned, the superconducting phase appears sandwiched between the correlated band insulator followed by a paramagnetic metal on one side, and a ferrimagnetic metal, antiferromagnetic half-metal, and Mott insulator phases on the other side
Published as SciPost Phys. Core 4, 009 (2021)
Author comments upon resubmission
We are resubmitting our manuscript to Scipost Physics. The referee has given a strong positive assessment of our work and has also recommended it for publication provided we reply to the queries raised. We have prepared a detailed response to all the queries the referee has raised and also made relevant changes in the manuscript. We have uploaded the response to the referee ("referee_reply.pdf" ) and the list of changes in the manuscript is given below. We hope that the manuscript will be accepted for publication soon.
(On behalf of all authors)
List of changes
List of changes in the manuscript
1) Added Appendix B following referee’s comment (1).
Also modified section 3 on page 4 accordingly.
2) Added a few lines about sign of t’ and the related particle-hole transformation in the Section 2 on page 3 below equation (1).
3) Edited last line in the third paragraph on page 7 about the estimation of $T_c$ keeping the referee’s comment in mind.
4) In the paragraph below Fig.4 on page 9, added a few sentences clarifying the issue of spectral weight being the same over the Fermi pockets.
5) Combined earlier Appendices (C,D) into Appendix D
6) Combined Appendices E and F into Appendix E.
Submission & Refereeing History
You are currently on this page