SciPost Submission Page
Indirect searches for dark matter with the nEDM spectrometer
by S. Roccia and G. Zsigmond on behalf of the nEDM collaboration at PSI
This is not the current version.
|As Contributors:||Geza Zsigmond|
|Date submitted:||2021-02-18 14:48|
|Submitted by:||Zsigmond, Geza|
|Submitted to:||SciPost Physics Proceedings|
|Proceedings issue:||Review of Particle Physics at PSI|
The nEDM apparatus at PSI has been used to search for different dark matter signatures utilizing its high sensitivity to shifts in the neutron precession frequency and its well-controlled low magnetic field at the microT level. Such a shift could be interpreted as a consequence of a short-range spin-dependent interaction that could possibly be mediated by axions or axion-like particles, or as an axion-induced oscillating electric dipole moment of the neutron. Another search, based on so-called UCN disappearance measurements, targeted previously reported signals of neutron to mirror-neutron oscillations. These dark matter searches confirmed and improved previous results, as detailed in this review.
Submission & Refereeing History
You are currently on this page
Reports on this Submission
Anonymous Report 2 on 2021-3-23 (Invited Report)
- Cite as: Anonymous, Report on arXiv:scipost_202102_00026v1, delivered 2021-03-23, doi: 10.21468/SciPost.Report.2728
The paper addressed in a proper way
1. the nEDM search with a lot of references
2. the preparation and the sensitivity of the n2EDM experiment at PSI and its connection to dark matter searches
3. the potentiality of the nEDM apparatus at PSI to search for dark matter signatures and the obtained results for axion-like particles and neutron to mirror-neutron oscillations searches.
The article matches the criteria of the journal and must be published after having fixed a few minor editing issues.
1. line 54: the reference is missing.
Report 1 by Adrian Signer on 2021-2-26 (Invited Report)
- Cite as: Adrian Signer, Report on arXiv:scipost_202102_00026v1, delivered 2021-02-26, doi: 10.21468/SciPost.Report.2624
We (the editors Cy Hoffman, Klaus Kirch, Adrian Signer) had the
opportunity to review an earlier draft of the article and were in
communication with the authors before the submission. All our comments
and suggestions have been taken into account. Hence, we think the
paper can now be published in the current form.
There are two cross-referencing problems to be flagged for the proofs
line 22: Section 18 -> Section 27
line 54 a [?]