Dark, chiral fermions carrying lepton flavor quantum numbers are natural candidates for freeze-in. Small couplings with the Standard Model fermions of the order of lepton Yukawas are `automatic' in the limit of Minimal Flavor Violation. In the absence of total lepton number violating interactions, particles with certain representations under the flavor group remain absolutely stable. For masses in the GeV-TeV range, the simplest model with three flavors, leads to signals at future direct detection experiments like DARWIN. Interestingly, freeze-in with a smaller flavor group such as $SU(2)$ is already being probed by XENON1T.
Cited by 1
277, 237 (2022) [Crossref]
Authors / Affiliations: mappings to Contributors and OrganizationsSee all Organizations.
- 1 Istituto Nazionale di Fisica Nucleare Sezione di Napoli [INFN Napoli]
- 2 भारतीय विज्ञान संस्थान / Indian Institute of Science Bangalore [IISc]
- 3 Organisation européenne pour la recherche nucléaire / European Organization for Nuclear Research [CERN]
- Department of Science and Technology, Ministry of Science and Technology (through Organization: विज्ञान एवं प्रौद्योगिकी विभाग / Department of Science and Technology [DST])
- Ministero dell’Istruzione, dell’Università e della Ricerca (MIUR) (through Organization: Ministero dell'Istruzione, dell'Università e della Ricerca / Ministry of Education, Universities and Research [MIUR])