We construct an approximately conserved current for $2+1$ dimensional, Aristotelian (non boost invariant), fluid flow. When Aristotelian symmetry is enhanced to Galilean symmetry, this current matches the enstrophy current responsible for the inverse cascade in incompressible fluids. Other enhancements of Aristotelian symmetry discussed in this work include Lorentzian, Carrollian and Lifshitz scale symmetry.
Cited by 2
Authors / Affiliations: mappings to Contributors and OrganizationsSee all Organizations.
- 1 Massachusetts Institute of Technology [MIT]
- 2 Università degli Studi di Firenze / University of Florence [UniFI]
- 3 Department of Physics, Technion
- European Commission [EC]
- Israel Science Foundation [ISF]
- United States - Israel Binational Science Foundation (through Organization: United States-Israel Binational Science Foundation [BSF])