The aim of the Muon g − 2 Experiment at Fermilab (E989) is to measure the muon anomalous magnetic moment (aμ) with a relative precision of 140 parts- per-billion (ppb). This precision, which is a factor of four improvement from the current experimental result, will allow for a much more stringent test of the Standard Model. This paper present the current status of the experimental measurement of aμ after the first physics run.
Cited by 1
Nesterenko, Explicit form of the R-ratio of electronâ€“positron annihilation into hadrons
J. Phys. G: Nucl. Part. Phys. 46, 115006 (2019) [Crossref]
Author / Affiliations: mappings to Contributors and OrganizationsSee all Organizations.
- 1 2 Anna Driutti
- 1 Istituto Nazionale di Fisica Nucleare / National Institute for Nuclear Physics [INFN]
- 2 Università degli Studi di Udine / University of Udine
- Horizon 2020 (through Organization: European Commission [EC])
- Instituto Nazionale di Fisica Nucleare (INFN) (through Organization: Istituto Nazionale di Fisica Nucleare / National Institute for Nuclear Physics [INFN])
- United States Department of Energy [DOE]