SciPost Submission Page
Flux-closure domains in high aspect ratio electroless-deposited CoNiB nanotubes
by Michal Staňo, Sandra Schaefer, Alexis Wartelle, Maxime Rioult, Rachid Belkhou, Alessandro Sala, Tevfik Onur Menteş, Andrea Locatelli, Laurent Cagnon, Beatrix Trapp, Sebastian Bochmann, Sylvain Martin, Eric Gautier, Jean-Christophe Toussaint, Wolfgang Ensinger, Olivier Fruchart
- Published as SciPost Phys. 5, 38 (2018)
|As Contributors:||Olivier Fruchart|
|Submitted by:||Fruchart, Olivier|
|Submitted to:||SciPost Physics|
|Subject area:||Condensed Matter Physics - Experiment|
We report the imaging of magnetic domains in ferromagnetic CoNiB nanotubes with very long aspect ratio, fabricated by electroless plating. While axial magnetization is expected for long tubes made of soft magnetic materials, we evidence series of azimuthal domains. We tentatively explain these by the interplay of anisotropic strain and/or grain size, with magneto-elasticity and/or anisotropic interfacial magnetic anisotropy. This material could be interesting for dense data storage, as well as curvature-induced magnetic phenomena such as the non-reciprocity of spin-wave propagation.
Ontology / TopicsSee full Ontology or Topics database.
Submission & Refereeing History
Reports on this Submission
Anonymous Report 1 on 2018-8-3 Invited Report
- Cite as: Anonymous, Report on arXiv:1704.06614v2, delivered 2018-08-03, doi: 10.21468/SciPost.Report.548
1. complete study of magnetic nano tubes from the fabrication to magnetic imaging.
2. combination of two x-ray microscopy techniques and comparison to MOKE.
1. A comparison between simulations and experiments would give a more detailed insight into the domain and domain wall structure.
2. The domain wall structure is not shown.
3. access to 3D information of the domains would be interesting.
The Authors describe the fabrication, characterization and magnetic study of ferromagnetic nanotubes. They introduce the material systems and the imaging techniques used. They present the results clearly and draw the correct conclusions.