SciPost Submission Page
Quantum Bose-Fermi droplets
by Debraj Rakshit, Tomasz Karpiuk, Mirosław Brewczyk, Mariusz Gajda
|As Contributors:||Miroslaw Brewczyk · Mariusz Gajda · Tomasz Karpiuk · Debraj Rakshit|
|Submitted by:||Brewczyk, Miroslaw|
|Submitted to:||SciPost Physics|
|Subject area:||Quantum Physics|
We study the stability of a zero temperature mixture of attractively interacting degenerate bosons and spin-polarized fermions in the absence of confinement. We demonstrate that higher order corrections to the standard mean-field energy can lead to a formation of Bose-Fermi liquid droplets -- self-bound systems in three-dimensional space. The stability analysis of the homogeneous case is supported by numerical simulations of finite systems by explicit inclusion of surface effects. We discuss the experimental feasibility of formation of quantum droplets and indicate the main obstacle -- inelastic three-body collisions.
Author comments upon resubmission
We are resubmitting a new version of our paper modified by including a discussion of three-body losses as required by the third referee.
List of changes
1. We modified the last sentence of the abstract.
2. We replaced a single paragraph on the three-body losses by the extensive discussion of losses in the context of Ref. .
3. We replaced the first paragraph of conclusions by two new ones emphasizing now the significance of losses for the observation of the Bose-Fermi droplets.
Submission & Refereeing History
- Report 3 submitted on 2019-05-21 05:41 by Anonymous
- Report 2 submitted on 2019-05-07 09:34 by Anonymous
- Report 1 submitted on 2019-05-02 16:26 by Anonymous
- Report 3 submitted on 2019-03-29 14:33 by Anonymous
- Report 2 submitted on 2019-03-25 00:12 by Anonymous
- Report 1 submitted on 2019-03-21 12:03 by Anonymous
- Report 2 submitted on 2018-12-21 22:37 by Anonymous
- Author Reply by Prof. Gajda on 2018-12-28
- Author Reply by Prof. Brewczyk on 2019-01-17
- Report 1 submitted on 2018-12-18 10:04 by Anonymous