SciPost Submission Page
Reconstructing the gluon
by Anton K. Cyrol, Jan M. Pawlowski, Alexander Rothkopf, Nicolas Wink
- Published as SciPost Phys. 5, 65 (2018)
|As Contributors:||Nicolas Wink|
|Submitted by:||Wink, Nicolas|
|Submitted to:||SciPost Physics|
|Subject area:||High-Energy Physics - Phenomenology|
We reconstruct the gluon spectral function in Landau gauge QCD from numerical data for the gluon propagator. The reconstruction relies on two novel ingredients: Firstly we derive analytically the low frequency asymptotics of the spectral function. Secondly we construct a functional basis from a careful consideration of the analytic properties of the gluon propagator in Landau gauge. This allows us to reliably capture the non-perturbative regime of the gluon spectrum. We also compare different reconstruction methods and discuss the respective systematic errors.
Ontology / TopicsSee full Ontology or Topics database.
Author comments upon resubmission
We have included several suggestions from the first two referee reports.
List of changes
- Extended the reasoning behind the error band in Fig. 6
- Added a note about the consequences of positivity violation
- More details on the derivation of (20)
- Introduced $\kappa$ between (17) and (18)
- Corrected several typos
- Different hyperlink styling for appendices