SciPost Submission Page
Near horizon dynamics of three dimensional black holes
by Daniel Grumiller, Wout Merbis
- Published as SciPost Phys. 8, 010 (2020)
|As Contributors:||Daniel Grumiller|
|Arxiv Link:||https://arxiv.org/abs/1906.10694v3 (pdf)|
|Date submitted:||2019-09-27 02:00|
|Submitted by:||Grumiller, Daniel|
|Submitted to:||SciPost Physics|
We perform the Hamiltonian reduction of three dimensional Einstein gravity with negative cosmological constant under constraints imposed by near horizon boundary conditions. The theory reduces to a Floreanini-Jackiw type scalar field theory on the horizon, where the scalar zero modes capture the global black hole charges. The near horizon Hamiltonian is a total derivative term, which explains the softness of all oscillator modes of the scalar field. We find also a (Korteweg-de Vries) hierarchy of modified boundary conditions that we use to lift the degeneracy of the soft hair excitations on the horizon.
Ontology / TopicsSee full Ontology or Topics database.
Published as SciPost Phys. 8, 010 (2020)
List of changes
1. In the lines below (16) we have replaced the ... by arbitrary gauge parameters followed by the remark that these gauge parameters do not appear in the transformation law or in the charges.
2. Added a footnote in the first line of subsection 2.1.
3. The first two paragraphs of subsection 2.2 are new and replace/correct the previous first paragraph.
4. The last paragraph of subsection 2.3 is new.
5. Added third sentence in beginning of section 3.
6. Changed notation in and around Eqs. (62)-(63) from epsilon to xi to distinguish it from epsilon in other sections.
7. In sections 5 and 6 we changed to font for epsilon to distinguish it from epsilon in previous sections.
Submission & Refereeing History
You are currently on this page
Reports on this Submission
Anonymous Report 1 on 2019-10-23 (Invited Report)
I recommend the revised manuscript to be published.