SciPost Submission Page
On weak ergodicity breaking in mean-field spin glasses
by Giampaolo Folena, Francesco Zamponi
This Submission thread is now published as
|Authors (as registered SciPost users):||Giampaolo Folena|
|Preprint Link:||https://arxiv.org/abs/2303.00026v3 (pdf)|
|Date submitted:||2023-06-13 12:40|
|Submitted by:||Folena, Giampaolo|
|Submitted to:||SciPost Physics|
The weak ergodicity breaking hypothesis postulates that out-of-equilibrium glassy systems lose memory of their initial state despite being unable to reach an equilibrium stationary state. It is a milestone of glass physics, and has provided a lot of insight on the physical properties of glass aging. Despite its undoubted usefulness as a guiding principle, its general validity remains a subject of debate. Here, we present evidence that this hypothesis does not hold for a class of mean-field spin glass models. While most of the qualitative physical picture of aging remains unaffected, our results suggest that some important technical aspects should be revisited.
Published as SciPost Phys. 15, 109 (2023)
Author comments upon resubmission
List of changes
1) Added a new appendix that includes a description of the numerical integration algorithm together with a figure (Fig. 13) that presents an analysis of the errors' magnitude using a time step of dt=0.05.
2) Added Fig. 8 presenting the parametric plot of Energy vs Correlation and commented it in main text.
3) Changed convex -> concave in the appendix.
Submission & Refereeing History
You are currently on this page
- Report 3 submitted on 2023-04-27 13:14 by Anonymous
- Report 1 submitted on 2023-04-26 12:57 by Anonymous