SciPost Submission Page
Exploring the vortex phase diagram of Bogoliubov-de Gennes disordered superconductors
by Bo Fan and Antonio Miguel Garcia Garcia
This Submission thread is now published as
|Authors (as registered SciPost users):
|Antonio Miguel Garcia Garcia
|Garcia Garcia, Antonio Miguel
We study the interplay of vortices and disorder in a two-dimensional disordered superconductor at zero temperature described by the Bogoliubov-de Gennes (BdG) self-consistent formalism for lattices of sizes up to 100X100 where the magnetic flux is introduced by the Peierls substitution. We model substantially larger lattice size than in previous approaches (36X36) which has allowed us to identify a rich phase diagram as a function of the magnetic flux and the disorder strength. For sufficiently weak disorder, and not too strong magnetic flux, we observe a slightly distorted Abrikosov triangular vortex lattice. An increase in the magnetic flux leads to an unexpected rectangular vortex lattice. A further increase in disorder, or flux, gradually destroys the lattice symmetry though strong vortex repulsion persists. An even stronger disorder leads to deformed single vortices with an inhomogeneous core. As the number of vortices increases, vortex overlap becomes more frequent. Finally, we show that global phase coherence is a feature of all these phases and that disorder enhances substantially the critical magnetic flux with respect to the clean limit with a maximum on the metallic side of the insulating transition.
Published as SciPost Phys. 15, 196 (2023)
Author comments upon resubmission
we have addressed all referee comments and have updated the manuscript accordingly.
We hope you find the paper suitable for publication.
Bo Fan and Antonio Garcia
List of changes
1. We have carried out a careful additional proofreading of the paper.
2. In page 9, when we comment on Fig. 4, we have added details about the relation between the spatial distribution of the disordered potential and that of the order parameter.
3. We have added the lattice size in Fig. 13
Submission & Refereeing History
You are currently on this page
- Report 3 submitted on 2023-09-26 03:31 by Anonymous
- Report 2 submitted on 2023-09-12 16:24 by Anonymous
- Report 1 submitted on 2023-09-11 10:24 by Anonymous
- Report 3 submitted on 2023-07-27 01:17 by Anonymous
- Report 2 submitted on 2023-07-19 15:39 by Anonymous
- Report 1 submitted on 2023-07-17 18:58 by Anonymous