We investigate the generation of a gluon screening mass in Yang-Mills theory in the Landau gauge. We propose a gauge-fixing procedure where the Gribov ambiguity is overcome by summing over all Gribov copies with some weight function. This can be formulated in terms of a local field theory involving constrained, nonlinear sigma model fields. We show that a phenomenon of radiative symmetry restoration occurs in this theory, similar to what happens in the standard nonlinear sigma model in two dimensions. This results in a nonzero gluon screening mass, as seen in lattice simulations.
Cited by 1
Catumba et al., H(4)
tensor representations for the lattice Landau gauge gluon propagator and the estimation of lattice artefacts
Phys. Rev. D 103, 074501 (2021) [Crossref]
Authors / Affiliations: mappings to Contributors and OrganizationsSee all Organizations.
- 1 Centre de Physique Théorique / Center of Theoretical Physics [CPHT]
- 2 AstroParticule Et Cosmologie / Astroparticle and Cosmology Laboratory [APC]
- 3 Sorbonne Université / Sorbonne University
- 4 Universidade do Estado do Rio de Janeiro / Rio de Janeiro State University [UERJ]
- Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique / French National Centre for Scientific Research [CNRS]
- Coordenação de Aperfeiçoamento de Pessoal de Nível Superior (through Organization: Coordenação de Aperfeicoamento de Pessoal de Nível Superior [CAPES])