We discuss the 4pt function of the critical 3d Ising model, extracted from recent conformal bootstrap results. We focus on the non-gaussianity Q - the ratio of the 4pt function to its gaussian part given by three Wick contractions. This ratio reveals significant non-gaussianity of the critical fluctuations. The bootstrap results are consistent with a rigorous inequality due to Lebowitz and Aizenman, which limits Q to lie between 1/3 and 1.
Cited by 4
Connor Behan, Unitary subsector of generalized minimal models
Phys. Rev. D 97, 094020 (2018) [Crossref]
David Poland et al., The conformal bootstrap: Theory, numerical techniques, and applications
Rev. Mod. Phys. 91, 015002 (2019) [Crossref]
Connor Behan et al., A scaling theory for the long-range to short-range crossover and an infrared duality
J. Phys. A: Math. Theor. 50, 354002 (2017) [Crossref]
David Simmons-Duffin, The lightcone bootstrap and the spectrum of the 3d Ising CFT
J. High Energ. Phys. 2017, 86 (2017) [Crossref]
Ontology / TopicsSee full Ontology or Topics database.
Authors / Affiliations: mappings to Contributors and OrganizationsSee all Organizations.
- 1 2 3 Slava Rychkov,
- 4 5 David Simmons-Duffin,
- 3 6 Bernardo Zan
- 1 École Normale Supérieure [ENS]
- 2 Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique / French National Centre for Scientific Research [CNRS]
- 3 Organisation européenne pour la recherche nucléaire / European Organization for Nuclear Research [CERN]
- 4 California Institute of Technology [CalTech]
- 5 Institute for Advanced Study, Princeton University [IAS]
- 6 École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne [EPFL]