Satisfiability filters, introduced by S. A. Weaver et al. in 2014, are a new and promising type of filters to address set membership testing. In order to construct satisfiability filters, it is necessary to find disparate solutions to hard random $k$-SAT problems. This paper compares simulated annealing, simulated quantum annealing and walkSAT, an open-source SAT solver, in terms of their ability to find such solutions. The results indicate that solutions found by simulated quantum annealing are generally less disparate than solutions found by the other solvers and therefore less useful for the construction of satisfiability filters.
Cited by 6
Sean A. Weaver et al.,
10929, 401 (2018) [Crossref]
Masayuki Yamamoto et al., Fair Sampling by Simulated Annealing on Quantum Annealer
J. Phys. Soc. Jpn. 89, 025002 (2020) [Crossref]
Zheng Zhu et al., Fair sampling of ground-state configurations of binary optimization problems
Phys. Rev. E 99, 063314 (2019) [Crossref]
N. Chancellor et al., A Direct Mapping of Max k-SAT and High Order Parity Checks to a Chimera Graph
Sci Rep 6, 37107 (2016) [Crossref]
Firas Hamze et al., From near to eternity: Spin-glass planting, tiling puzzles, and constraint-satisfaction problems
Phys. Rev. E 97, 043303 (2018) [Crossref]
Mario S. Könz et al., Uncertain fate of fair sampling in quantum annealing
Phys. Rev. A 100, 030303 (2019) [Crossref]
Ontology / TopicsSee full Ontology or Topics database.
Authors / Affiliations: mappings to Contributors and OrganizationsSee all Organizations.
- 1 Eidgenössische Technische Hochschule Zürich / Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Zurich (ETH) [ETH Zurich]
- 2 理化学研究所 / RIKEN [RIKEN]
- 3 Mindi Technologies Ltd.
- 4 Microsoft
- Aspen Center for Physics (ACP) (through Organization: Aspen Center For Physics [ACP])
- Intelligence Advanced Research Projects Activity (IARPA) (through Organization: Office of the Director of National Intelligence [ODNI])
- National Science Foundation [NSF]
- Office of the Director of National Intelligence [ODNI]
- U.S. Department of Defense (DOD) (through Organization: United States Department of Defense [DOD])