We show that a one-dimensional Hubbard model with all-to-all coupling may exhibit many-body localization in the presence of local disorder. We numerically identify the parameter space where many-body localization occurs using exact diagonalization and finite-size scaling. The time evolution from a random initial state exhibits features consistent with the localization picture. The dynamics can be observed with quantum gases in optical cavities, localization can be revealed through the time-dependent dynamics of the light emitted by the resonator.
Cited by 2
Tuure Orell et al., Probing the many-body localization phase transition with superconducting circuits
Phys. Rev. B 100, 134504 (2019) [Crossref]
Andrii O. Maksymov et al., Many-body localization in spin chains with long-range transverse interactions: Scaling of critical disorder with system size
Phys. Rev. B 101, 024201 (2020) [Crossref]
Ontology / TopicsSee full Ontology or Topics database.
Authors / Affiliations: mappings to Contributors and OrganizationsSee all Organizations.
- 1 Uniwersytet Jagielloński / Jagiellonian University
- 2 Universität des Saarlandes / Saarland University
- Bundesministerium für Bildung und Forschung / Federal Ministry of Education and Research [BMBF]
- Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft / German Research FoundationDeutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft [DFG]
- European Commission [EC]
- H2020 Future and Emerging Technologies (FET) (through Organization: European Commission [EC])
- Narodowe Centrum Nauki / National Science Center [NCN]