We study conformal blocks for thermal one-point-functions on the sphere in conformal field theories of general dimension. These thermal conformal blocks satisfy second order Casimir differential equations and have integral representations related to AdS Witten diagrams. We give an analytic formula for the scalar conformal block in terms of generalized hypergeometric functions. As an application, we deduce an asymptotic formula for the three-point coeffcients of primary operators in the limit where two of the operators are heavy.
Ontology / TopicsSee full Ontology or Topics database.
Authors / Affiliations: mappings to Contributors and OrganizationsSee all Organizations.
- 1 McGill University
- 2 Coláiste na Tríonóide Baile Átha Cliath / Trinity College Dublin [TCD]
- 3 Massachusetts Institute of Technology [MIT]
- Fonds de Recherche du Québec - Nature et Technologies (through Organization: Fonds de Recherche du Québec – Nature et technologies [FRQNT])
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- National Science Foundation [NSF]
- Conseil de Recherches en Sciences Naturelles et en Génie / Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council [NSERC / CRSNG]
- Simons Foundation