Infinite projected entangled pair states (iPEPS) provide a convenient variational description of infinite, translationally-invariant two-dimensional quantum states. However, the simulation of local excitations is not directly possible due to the translationally-invariant ansatz. Furthermore, as iPEPS are either identical or orthogonal, expectation values between different states as required during the evaluation of non-equal-time correlators are ill-defined. Here, we show that by introducing auxiliary states on each site, it becomes possible to simulate both local excitations and evaluate non-equal-time correlators in an iPEPS setting under real-time evolution. We showcase the method by simulating the t-J model after a single hole has been placed in the half-filled antiferromagnetic background and evaluating both return probabilities and spin correlation functions, as accessible in quantum gas microscopes.
Cited by 5
Benedikt Kloss et al., Studying dynamics in two-dimensional quantum lattices using tree tensor network states
SciPost Phys. 9, 070 (2020) [Crossref]
Annabelle Bohrdt et al., Parton theory of angle-resolved photoemission spectroscopy spectra in antiferromagnetic Mott insulators
Phys. Rev. B 102, 035139 (2020) [Crossref]
Markus Schmitt et al., Quantum Many-Body Dynamics in Two Dimensions with Artificial Neural Networks
Phys. Rev. Lett. 125, 100503 (2020) [Crossref]
A. Bohrdt et al., Dominant Fifth-Order Correlations in Doped Quantum Antiferromagnets
Phys. Rev. Lett. 126, 026401 (2021) [Crossref]
Piotr Czarnik et al., Tensor network study of the
magnetization plateau in the Shastry-Sutherland model at finite temperature
Phys. Rev. B 103, 075113 (2021) [Crossref]
Ontology / TopicsSee full Ontology or Topics database.
Authors / Affiliations: mappings to Contributors and OrganizationsSee all Organizations.
- 1 Max-Planck-Institut für Quantenoptik / Max Planck Institute of Quantum Optics [MPQ]
- 2 Munich Center for Quantum Science and Technology [MCQST]
- 3 Technische Universität München / Technical University of Munich [TUM]
- 4 Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München / Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich [LMU]
- Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft / German Research FoundationDeutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft [DFG]
- European Research Council [ERC]
- FP7 People: Marie-Curie Actions (FP7 People) (through Organization: European Commission [EC])
- H2020 Future and Emerging Technologies (FET) (through Organization: European Commission [EC])