Microscopic derivation of Ginzburg-Landau theories for hierarchical quantum Hall states
Yoran Tournois, Maria Hermanns, Thors Hans Hansson
SciPost Phys. 8, 079 (2020) · published 18 May 2020
- doi: 10.21468/SciPostPhys.8.5.079
We propose a Ginzburg-Landau theory for a large and important part of the abelian quantum Hall hierarchy, including the prominently observed Jain sequences. By a generalized "flux attachment" construction we extend the Ginzburg-Landau-Chern-Simons composite boson theory to states obtained by both quasielectron and quasihole condensation, and express the corresponding wave functions as correlators in conformal field theories. This yields a precise identification of the relativistic scalar fields entering these correlators in terms of the original electron field.
Cited by 1
Greiter et al., Adiabatic construction of hierarchical quantum Hall states
Phys. Rev. B 104, L121111 (2021) [Crossref]
Ontology / TopicsSee full Ontology or Topics database.
Authors / Affiliations: mappings to Contributors and OrganizationsSee all Organizations.
- 1 Yoran Tournois,
- 1 2 Maria Hermanns,
- 1 Hans Hansson
- 1 Stockholm University [Univ Stockholm]
- 2 Kungliga Tekniska högskolan / Royal Institute of Technology (KTH) [KTH]
Funders for the research work leading to this publication
- Knut och Alice Wallenbergs Stiftelse (Knut and Alice Wallenberg Foundation) (through Organization: Knut och Alice Wallenbergs Stiftelse / Knut and Alice Wallenberg Foundation)
- Vetenskapsrådet / Swedish Research Council