We consider uncharged fluids without any boost symmetry on an arbitrary curved background and classify all allowed transport coefficients up to first order in derivatives. We assume rota- tional symmetry and we use the entropy current formalism. The curved background geometry in the absence of boost symmetry is called absolute or Aristotelian spacetime. We present a closed-form expression for the energy-momentum tensor in Landau frame which splits into three parts: a dissipative (10), a hydrostatic non-dissipative (2) and a non-hydrostatic non- dissipative part (4), where in parenthesis we have indicated the number of allowed transport coefficients. The non-hydrostatic non-dissipative transport coefficients can be thought of as the generalization of coefficients that would vanish if we were to restrict to linearized perturba- tions and impose the Onsager relations. For the two hydrostatic and the four non-hydrostatic non-dissipative transport coefficients we present a Lagrangian description. Finally when we impose scale invariance, thus restricting to Lifshitz fluids, we find 7 dissipative, 1 hydrostatic and 2 non-hydrostatic non-dissipative transport coefficients.
Cited by 5
Rajagopal et al., Lifshitz hydrodynamics at generic z from a moving black brane
J. High Energ. Phys. 2021, 197 (2021) [Crossref]
Armas et al., Effective field theory for hydrodynamics without boosts
SciPost Phys. 11, 054 (2021) [Crossref]
Hoyos et al., Quantum Hall effective action for the anisotropic Dirac semimetal
Phys. Rev. B 102, 081303 (2020) [Crossref]
Ciambelli et al., Gauges in three-dimensional gravity and holographic fluids
J. High Energ. Phys. 2020, 92 (2020) [Crossref]
Hansen et al., Geometrizing non-relativistic bilinear deformations
J. High Energ. Phys. 2021, 186 (2021) [Crossref]
Ontology / TopicsSee full Ontology or Topics database.
Authors / Affiliations: mappings to Contributors and OrganizationsSee all Organizations.
- 1 Institute of Physics, University of Amsterdam [IoP, UvA]
- 2 Maxwell Institute for Mathematical Sciences
- 3 Niels Bohr Institute [NBI]
- 4 Nordisk Institut for Teoretisk Fysik / Nordic Institute for Theoretical Physics [NORDITA]
- 5 Háskóli Íslands / University of Iceland
- Det Frie Forskningsråd / Danish Council for Independent Research [DFF]
- FP7 Seventh Framework Programme (FP7) (through Organization: European Commission [EC])
- Rannsóknamiðstöð Íslands / Icelandic Centre for Research [Rannis]
- Royal Society
- Villum Fonden / Velux Foundation