We discuss two collider processes which combine a diffractively produced $\rho$ meson separated by a large rapidity gap from a hard exclusive scattering of a Pomeron on a nucleon, giving rise to a lepton pair or to a second meson. These two processes probe the nucleon quark content described by generalized parton distributions in a very specific way.
Authors / Affiliations: mappings to Contributors and OrganizationsSee all Organizations.
- 1 2 Wim Cosyn,
- 3 Bernard Pire,
- 4 Lech Szymanowski
- 1 Universiteit Gent / Ghent University
- 2 Florida International University [FIU]
- 3 École Polytechnique
- 4 Narodowe Centrum Badań Jądrowych / National Centre for Nuclear Research [NCBJ]
- Horizon 2020 (through Organization: European Commission [EC])
- Narodowe Centrum Nauki / National Science Center [NCN]
- National Science Foundation [NSF]