SciPost Submission Page
Dynamics of Majorana-based qubits operated with an array of tunable gates
by Bela Bauer, Torsten Karzig, Ryan V. Mishmash, Andrey E. Antipov, Jason Alicea
- Published as SciPost Phys. 5, 004 (2018)
|As Contributors:||Andrey Antipov · Torsten Karzig|
|Arxiv Link:||https://arxiv.org/abs/1803.05451v2 (pdf)|
|Date submitted:||2018-06-14 02:00|
|Submitted by:||Karzig, Torsten|
|Submitted to:||SciPost Physics|
We study the dynamics of Majorana zero modes that are shuttled via local tuning of the electrochemical potential in a superconducting wire. By performing time-dependent simulations of microscopic lattice models, we show that diabatic corrections associated with the moving Majorana modes are quantitatively captured by a simple Landau-Zener description. We further simulate a Rabi-oscillation protocol in a specific qubit design with four Majorana zero modes in a single wire and quantify constraints on the timescales for performing qubit operations in this setup. Our simulations utilize a Majorana representation of the system, which greatly simplifies simulations of superconductors at the mean-field level.
Ontology / TopicsSee full Ontology or Topics database.
Published as SciPost Phys. 5, 004 (2018)
Author comments upon resubmission
List of changes
- Added references [28,29].
- Typo corrected in Eq. (14).
- Comment added to the end of Sec. II.A comparing the non-adiabatic time scales $\tau_0$ with other schemes [18-22].
- Comment added to Sec. II.B mentioning the eventual crossover from exponential to power-law behavior of the non-adiabatic error with time.
- Units added to the time scales $\tau_2$ in Figs. 7 and 8.
- Paragraph added to the end of Sec. III.A commenting on decoherence processes.
Submission & Refereeing History
You are currently on this page