About SciPost Physics Core
- Acceptance Criteria
- Submission and Editorial Process
- Editorial College (Physics)
- Genuine Open Access
→view detailed metrics
*Citation stats based on Crossref CitedBy data; Preliminary data
|Number of publications||27||33||0|
|Number of citations||39||139||19|
- ... where you will find info on:
- Editorial Colleges
- Our Colleges and their Editorial Fellows
- Editorial College by-laws
- Official rules for all our editorial workflows
- Journals Terms and Conditions
- Expectations, Open Access policy, license and copyright, author obligations, referee code of conduct, corrections and retractions
- SciPost Terms and Conditions
- General terms and conditions pertaining to ownership, license to use, contributions, impermissible uses, etc.
- Author guidelines
- A simple guide on how to proceed as an author
- Refereeing procedure
- More details about submission procedure and refereeing protocols
- Referee guidelines
- A simple guide on how (if you are a referee) to act professionally, and (if you are an author) react constructively
SciPost Physics Core is a premium-quality, two-way open access, peer-witnessed refereed Journal for the general field of Physics.
Implementing Genuine Open Access, SciPost Physics Core is a publishing venue in which recognized scientific quality meets the highest achievable standards of open accessibility.
ScopeSciPost Physics Core publishes research articles in the whole field of Physics, covering Experimental, Theoretical and Computational approaches.
Specialties covered by this Journal
- Atomic, Molecular and Optical Physics - Experiment
- Atomic, Molecular and Optical Physics - Theory
- Condensed Matter Physics - Experiment
- Condensed Matter Physics - Theory
- Condensed Matter Physics - Computational
- Fluid Dynamics
- Gravitation, Cosmology and Astroparticle Physics
- High-Energy Physics - Experiment
- High-Energy Physics - Theory
- High-Energy Physics - Phenomenology
- Mathematical Physics
- Nuclear Physics - Experiment
- Nuclear Physics - Theory
- Quantum Physics
- Statistical and Soft Matter Physics
ContentThe content format for SciPost Physics Core is flexible: articles can be short letter-style communications or in-depth reports of recent research. There is no minimum or maximum length: the article should however constitute a complete, self-contained unit. The target audience can be researchers in many different subject areas, or specialists in one.
Accepted papers are published continuously, and are assembled into issues grouped into two volumes per year.
To be accepted for publication in SciPost Physics Core, a submission must meet all of the following expectations and general acceptance criteria:
Expectations (all required) - the paper must:
Address an important (set of) problem(s) in the field using appropriate methods with an above-the-norm degree of originality;
Detail one or more new research results significantly advancing current knowledge and understanding of the field.
General acceptance criteria (all required) - the paper must:
Be written in a clear and intelligible way, free of unnecessary jargon, ambiguities and misrepresentations;
Contain a detailed abstract and introduction explaining the context of the problem and objectively summarizing the achievements;
Provide sufficient details (inside the bulk sections or in appendices) so that arguments and derivations can be reproduced by qualified experts;
Provide citations to relevant literature in a way that is as representative and complete as possible;
Provide (directly in appendices, or via links to external repositories) all reproducibility-enabling resources: explicit details of experimental protocols, datasets and processing methods, processed data and code snippets used to produce figures, etc.;
Contain a clear conclusion summarizing the results (with objective statements on their reach and limitations) and offering perspectives for future work.
Submission and Editorial Process
All incoming Submissions are thoroughly checked for plagiarism, and follow the peer-witnessed refereeing procedures outlined in Refereeing procedure.
Minimal number of reports: at least 1 substantial report must have been received; all points raised must have been addressed either in resubmissions or in author replies before a recommendation for publication can be formulated.
Accepted submissions benefit from our top-quality production process, and from our industry-leading metadata handling facilities.
Genuine Open Access
Publications in SciPost Physics Core are Genuine Open Access. Take the time to understand what this means, and how we compare to other publishers. We do not profiteer from you or your contributions in any way. We are truly run by and for the academic community, entirely not-for-profit and without any competing interests.
As authors, you retain your copyright: all articles are published in your name under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0) License, allowing freedom to use, reproduce and distribute the articles and related content (unless otherwise noted), for commercial and noncommercial purposes, subject to the citation of the original source.
There are no subscription fees, nor are there Article Processing Charges (APCs). By publishing with us, you are contributing to implementing a healthier business model for academic publishing.